Late last month, I joined a giveaway hosted by one of my favorite blogs, The Work At Home Woman. What made it more exciting is the prize...
The latest e-book written and published by another one of my favorite bloggers, whose blog has been a great source of information and inspiration for work-at-homies like me...
Ms. Prerna Malik of The Mom Writes.
It's amazing how these two blogs (and a lot more!) were able to help me out in my journey towards being a better work-at-home wife. I may not be a mom yet, just like these women, but their pieces of advice are universal and very much applicable for those who have taken The Big Leap towards working at home.
First week of July, I received an email saying that I won! Yey! I won!
I finished reading Summer Sanity Savers For The Work-At-Home Mom a few days ago. I am in awe. It is truly amazing how Prerna had found the time to write her own books (This isn't her first one, take note.), with the million and one things she has to complete every single day. Made me a bit ashamed to be whining and complaining about my own To-Do List as the Queen of our own human child-less household.
The Book has five chapters, with topics that are very relevant to all wives and mothers out there, and not just for the work-at-homies.
- Why is Summer Considered Tough for the Work-at-Home Mom?
- A brief comparison of what makes summers more special (or horrible, depending on how you see it) for wives and moms
- R is for Routines and S is for Schedules
- Spells out the basic differences and similarities between routines and schedules and how you can plan to make both work pretty well for you and your family.
- Make Menu Planning Your Best Friend
- My favorite chapter! We all have those days... Getting stumped over what to cook (again!) for breakfast... and lunch... and dinner. And oh! Snacks, course. Turn ordinary, bland mealtimes into fun and enjoyable family times with the simple tips in this part of the book.
- Keep the Kids Happy and Engaged: Make Summer About Spending Time Together
- Rediscover what makes summers really special and memorable
- Business Building Made Simple for the Summer
- How to keep your business growing, even during these trying summer days
It may no longer be the summer season in the Philippines, but I still found the book very helpful. At least I will know what to do (and not to do!) next summer. I will definitely read and reread this again over the next few months until I've mastered the tips. Aside from all these useful advice, Prerna was also kind enough to share some practical printables and lists of resources worth checking and trying out. This book is really packed and loaded with good stuff!
Wanna have your own copy? Click HERE to find out how... I'm sure you'll enjoy reading this book as much as I did. I didn't even notice that I was on the last three pages already!
Again, special thanks to The Mom Writes and of course, to The The Work At Home Woman for the wonderful giveaway!